Did you mean: 

Apple Music from O2 Priority

mavros_kyknos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

I'm trying to redeem the 6 months free apple music offer from O2 priority. First I tried using the priority app. It generated a code and I selected "copy code and go to site". I entered my apple ID and password, after which I just get the circular apple loading icon and nothing changes after that. Next I tried logging into O2 priority using Google Chrome on multiple devices (phone and laptop) and tried the same steps, with the same result each time.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Any suggestions or solutions would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Adam

The Foole doth thinke he is wise, but the wiseman knowes himselfe to be a Foole.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mavros_kyknos
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for your advice.

On this occassion O2 were unable to resolve the problem as the issue was with my Apple ID, but we got there in the end. O2 tested their links and codes and deduced that they were not part of problem, so they directed me to Apple support. Unfortunately Apple support weren't very helpful, so I did a bit of research, which took bit of time, as there were quite a few things I was unfamiliar with.

I'll give a description of the fix I found, followed by a brief explanation of why the problem occurred.

1. Download the Apple Music app.

2. Sign in to Apple Music app (for android in my case) using your Apple ID, accept the T&Cs and verify personal information and payment method.

3. Use the O2 generated link to redeem the promo code, which should now work fine.

The problem seems to be with trying to redeem the code and sign in to Apple music at the same time. I was experiencing the same sign in problems using multiple devices and browsers, so I decided to download the Apple Music app.

Next, I tried to open the O2 link using the Apple Music app and received the following prompt "This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes store". You are asked to tap "Review" to sign in and then review your account information, but tapping review would not sign me in.

After about 90 mins chatting to 3 different people from Apple support, one of them suggested that my Apple ID had not been set up for "media and purchases" (because I created the ID online) and advised that I would need to sign in to iTunes or the app store on an Apple device to resolve this issue. The former was true, but not the latter.

Considering this, I eventually tried signing into Apple Music without using the O2 generated link, which worked. I could then accept the T&Cs, and review my personal, payment and billing information, which had already been set up.

After that, the O2 generated link and code worked fine.

Note that this is likely to be a fix that will only be required by android users who have set up an Apple ID online.

I hope that these comments help someone else and I'm grateful to anyone who tried to assist me along the way.

I now have access to over 90 million songs, so I should have a pretty decent soundtrack to my weekend. Enjoy yours!

The Foole doth thinke he is wise, but the wiseman knowes himselfe to be a Foole.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@mavros_kyknos 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

mavros_kyknos
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok, thanks.

I'll give that a try...

Message 3 of 4

mavros_kyknos
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for your advice.

On this occassion O2 were unable to resolve the problem as the issue was with my Apple ID, but we got there in the end. O2 tested their links and codes and deduced that they were not part of problem, so they directed me to Apple support. Unfortunately Apple support weren't very helpful, so I did a bit of research, which took bit of time, as there were quite a few things I was unfamiliar with.

I'll give a description of the fix I found, followed by a brief explanation of why the problem occurred.

1. Download the Apple Music app.

2. Sign in to Apple Music app (for android in my case) using your Apple ID, accept the T&Cs and verify personal information and payment method.

3. Use the O2 generated link to redeem the promo code, which should now work fine.

The problem seems to be with trying to redeem the code and sign in to Apple music at the same time. I was experiencing the same sign in problems using multiple devices and browsers, so I decided to download the Apple Music app.

Next, I tried to open the O2 link using the Apple Music app and received the following prompt "This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes store". You are asked to tap "Review" to sign in and then review your account information, but tapping review would not sign me in.

After about 90 mins chatting to 3 different people from Apple support, one of them suggested that my Apple ID had not been set up for "media and purchases" (because I created the ID online) and advised that I would need to sign in to iTunes or the app store on an Apple device to resolve this issue. The former was true, but not the latter.

Considering this, I eventually tried signing into Apple Music without using the O2 generated link, which worked. I could then accept the T&Cs, and review my personal, payment and billing information, which had already been set up.

After that, the O2 generated link and code worked fine.

Note that this is likely to be a fix that will only be required by android users who have set up an Apple ID online.

I hope that these comments help someone else and I'm grateful to anyone who tried to assist me along the way.

I now have access to over 90 million songs, so I should have a pretty decent soundtrack to my weekend. Enjoy yours!

Message 4 of 4