cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone been signed out of all apps and now in recovery?

bleakmoments
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone SE and after the data outage I got signed out of all of my apps so couldn't access online banking, messages, Instagram...every app on the phone. Now it wont let me sign in to anything, even when on wifi. All I could do was text message or call out (not to O2 CS though!). I tried a soft reset and this didn't help. It wouldn't go manually through settings to reset in any other way and now the phone is in recovery mode. I have tried to connect to itunes as it's saying it now needs updating (I do keep on top of updates as my last iphone became completely useless due to missing one). It won't update so I tried to reset factory settings as a last resort but even this says I'm not connected to the internet (I am, everything else on the Mac is working online) I even tried an older laptop but it won't download the update either!

I am currently downloading the Dr Fone update with the hope of not losing everything but I'm literally pulling my hair out wasting my entire day trying to get this issue fixed. I use my phone for my business and to stay in touch with my young so who has to be home alone after school while I'm still working. At present I have no phone, all due to this data issue. I don't care about it happening (the data outage), these things happen, I do care that it's now rendered my phone unseable. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea what I can do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@bleakmoments I will tag @adamtemp64 and @Anonymous who are both iPhone users. Hopefully they can help you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you got an Apple store nearby that you could visit or if not, you can post your phone to Apple to sort out any warranty issues.
To be honest, I'd be very surprised to find this related to the network issues.
What happens when you connect the phone to iTunes on your Mac?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92920 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The network issues should not have signed you out of any apps. It's possible the software was updaing and then the network going down would have stopped the update midstream. I too think Apple is your best bet to be honest.

Message 4 of 4