Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Another credit check for ppl wishing to upgrade

Are you all aware if you wish to upgrade o2 want you to pass another credit search/ check.....that may not suit some people with dodgy credit historys or people who have had the phone bought for them and then changed the details via your 02 sign in...
Anonymous

Its the same as any other upgrade, a credit check would always be performed.
Anonymous

Its the same as any other upgrade, a credit check would always be performed.

Thats fair enough Dave...but what if you only just managed to scrape the credit check last time and you fail this time even thou you have mananaged your account perfectly...fair i think not.... And i know there are members on here who had to purchase the phone thru someone else either due to poor credit or no credit history....On a personal note it wont affect me but it will affect some Smiley Wink
Anonymous

when doing a credit check it looks at account history as well. As far as I am aware old customers will not have the credit checks done again just reviewed for roaming ect... As a rule roaming can be added to an account after the 6 months.

Further to speculation that credit checks and connection having to be done in store is not the case only in the USA with At&t connections will be done in the same way as they are done now via itunes..
Anonymous

This does not mean I actually need to fork over £100 again does it ?, my last credit check was fine, but how does this upgrade one work ?

D
Anonymous

does that mean that if i buy an iphone i still might not be able to get a contract untill ive got through the credit check, so therefore i could of just wasted my money on buying the phone.
Anonymous

jesus guys dont be stupid.. you wont need a credit check when upgrading... sure you sign a new contract but they dont do another credit check because your already a customer
Anonymous

If I am not mistaken- if you pass one credit check on o2 you wont need to pass another one by handing over the £100 again.
Anonymous

Yes but what if im a new O2 customer would i of wasted my money on buying a phone. Or is the credit check done before you buy the phone?
Anonymous

Taking the iPhone out of the question... before you buy. Usually you will fill in all your information and the credit check is processed on the spot- if you pass they will be able to print out the contract if you fail you won't.