Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding iPad to pay as you go

Emlm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to add a new iPad pay as you go - but it says enter mobile number to get as code - but it's an iPad???

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Emlm 

You have to put the sim in any O2 or unlocked phone just to receive the code.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey there @Emlm , hope you're doing well this week! As it's been a few days since you posted about your iPad, I just wanted to check if everything went ok with the set up after you posted? Any help from the above suggestion? slight_smile Let us know if you need any further help at any point.

Message 3 of 8

Emlm
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No It didn’t go well at all - turns out that O2 is not supported on Apple IPad Pro so I found a carrier that does - after spending hours talking to O2 I found out from another source that I would be better with another carrier - O2 were next to useless
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Whoever told you o2 don't support iPads were wrong but don't blame you for taking an easier option if you were better supported. 
of course we could have helped more here if you'd come back to your thread sooner @Emlm 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear it didn't work out in the end @Emlm . 😞 Thanks for coming back to give us an update.

Message 6 of 8

Emlm
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told by Apple O2 was not supported - O2 was not helpful at all - soon as I put another carriers Sim in away it went
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

So the iPad was locked to a different network then I guess @Emlm ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8