Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Apple Watch airtime plan to my existing mobile contract

mb1708
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife bought me an Apple Watch with cellular, that includes an airtime plan. I have set it up and paired with my iPhone, but when I go to set up the cellular connection it wants to add another £5 a month airtime plan to my existing sim airtime plan. I don't want to pay twice, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mb1708 

You don't start paying for the airtime until you activate it on the watch setup so your wife shouldn't be paying for it yet. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mb1708 

You don't start paying for the airtime until you activate it on the watch setup so your wife shouldn't be paying for it yet. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

AddAppleWatch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, you can only use 02 data on the watch if you pay more? There isn’t an option to add the watch to an existing air plan.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@AddAppleWatch wrote:
So, you can only use 02 data on the watch if you pay more? There isn’t an option to add the watch to an existing air plan.

Correct

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4