cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my new nanosim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my new phone today, and trying to activate my new sim.

i'm following the simple step by step guide on simswap, but when entering the new serial number it won't work....help!

patience isn't a virtue of mine. 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to hear that guys and girls, unfortunately I can't check the status of the server to see if its overrun.

I can only reccomend trying again later tonight when in theory it should be less busy:)

Or maybe the servers crapped out in which case you could try this;

Text SWAP to 20220

from your old sim/phone and try that way. It appears to be a better service and doesn't seem to get bugs like the online variant does:)

Let us know how you get on:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha I know that feeling. Well for starters welcome to the forums, merry Christmas and congrats on the new phone:)

Is it coming up with an error message?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am getting the same problem I have put the microcard in the new phone and gone onto swap sim site to put in the serial number but keeps saying incorrect serial number!!! Everything is going through to her blackberry phone!!! Can you help

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merry christmas to you also Liquid, the answer is yes an error message.

not going to try again until tomorrow.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you managed to do youe sim I am having sameproblem!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no luck Baxter, probably going to wait until the o2 shop is open on thursday.

Message 6 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to hear that guys and girls, unfortunately I can't check the status of the server to see if its overrun.

I can only reccomend trying again later tonight when in theory it should be less busy:)

Or maybe the servers crapped out in which case you could try this;

Text SWAP to 20220

from your old sim/phone and try that way. It appears to be a better service and doesn't seem to get bugs like the online variant does:)

Let us know how you get on:)
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easily done through the text option. Thanks Liquid

Message 8 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No worries glad it worked:)

Have a merry Christmas playing with your new phone:D
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

wouldn't rely on the text sim swap option, I did it earlier, now my old been isny functioning, I can't text and I got a message from 02 saying they had problems dealing with my request for settings and to call 4445, unfortunately it's closed and I can't do anything until they re-open! Smiley Frustrated

any suggestions? And merry Christmas to you all! 🙂 

Message 10 of 13