Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not eligible to setup mobile data on Apple Watch

Pixie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been back and forward countless times with O2 since July and haven’t gotten anywhere.
I bought an Apple Watch back in July but when I set it up it said “Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information.” I contacted O2 and they said they had to reset the eSIM and that so had to unpaid the watch and wait 24 hours before setting it back up again. I did this and the same message appeared so I contacted O2 to tell them and again the said the eSIM had to be reset. The eSIM must have been reset about 10 times before I eventually got through to someone who told me that they would send out a new watch. So I sent the watch I had back (Nike Series 5) and in return they sent me a Series 6 as they had none of the watches I had left. It is safe to say that the watch isn’t the issue. So I went back on the phone to O2 and spoke to a woman that said an eSIM would get sent out so I could add a mobile data plan. I have since tried to add this plan and have had no luck. The same message is still there. I have tried everything that I possibly can as I have looked through previous threads etc but I’m now at my wits end and no one at O2 seems to understand what the issue is and keeps doing the same things over and over that clearly don’t work. I can’t add any plans in the actual Apple Watch app because this message is still there. I was hoping someone might be able to help here.

C1FD4D2D-0DE0-414E-AAB6-E28402D2FB74.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jonik wrote:

Hi,

My wife and I have both joined O2 and have the same issue - apple watch won't allow us to log in (same error message as the other posts), and wifi calling keeps saying to contact O2 despite being confirmed that it's on by 3 separate O2 live chat support staff.

I've spent several hours now over live chat to get it sorted, but the latest one (over an hour of chat) kept going round and round in circles. 

Is it at all possible to get our account looked at by someone who's fixed it before please?

Thanks!

@O2Lisa 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 85

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 smiling

@Jonik I'll message you privately and look in to this for you 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 85

TroubledWarrior
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone got this sorted? I’ve just purchased a second watch linked to my mobile with a data plan to give to my dad as I care for him. 
kept new watch set old one S5) up for my dad and my dads watch is saying this exact same thing that I’m not add a data plan. Even though I have 2 data plans (1 for each watch) 

at my wits end because can’t use the watch outside (which is what I wanted it for) and now paying for a data plan I can’t use. 

someone help. 

I have made my own post regarding this but subsequently came across this one. 

Message 53 of 85

TroubledWarrior
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Pixie1 @Can I ask if you got this sorted? I am having the exact same issue. 

got another watch linked to my 02 mobile let the newer one gave my older one to my dad as he’s elderly and getting forgetful with meds etc so I was gonna use the watch to remind him Etc 

both have data plans but now the older watch (which was fine before I got the S6) now is saying I have no data plan and I’m not eligible even though I have a data plan for both. 02 network services team basically ignoring me. 

Message 54 of 85

Cgoddard97
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi - I’m currently experiencing the same issues as above. I keep being told to wait another 24 hours, but this has been going on since 29/3 and I’m just going round and round in circles on the live chat. 

If possible, please could somebody get in touch to help me resolve this issue? 

many thanks! 

Message 55 of 85

Cgoddard97
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, I can see you’ve helped others on the thread resolve this issue. 
If possible, please could you get in touch to help me resolve this issue? 

many thanks in advance! 

Message 56 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Lisa  see request above.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 85

Cgoddard97
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma, I can see you’ve helped others on the thread resolve this issue. 
If possible, please could you get in touch to help me resolve this issue? 

many thanks in advance! 

Message 58 of 85

Cgoddard97
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much! I have also replied to o2Emma as it looks like o2Lisa is off on Fridays slight_smile 

Message 59 of 85

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 😊

@Cgoddard97 is everything sorted for you? If you're still needing any help you can always private message me. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 85