Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not eligible to setup mobile data on Apple Watch

Pixie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been back and forward countless times with O2 since July and haven’t gotten anywhere.
I bought an Apple Watch back in July but when I set it up it said “Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information.” I contacted O2 and they said they had to reset the eSIM and that so had to unpaid the watch and wait 24 hours before setting it back up again. I did this and the same message appeared so I contacted O2 to tell them and again the said the eSIM had to be reset. The eSIM must have been reset about 10 times before I eventually got through to someone who told me that they would send out a new watch. So I sent the watch I had back (Nike Series 5) and in return they sent me a Series 6 as they had none of the watches I had left. It is safe to say that the watch isn’t the issue. So I went back on the phone to O2 and spoke to a woman that said an eSIM would get sent out so I could add a mobile data plan. I have since tried to add this plan and have had no luck. The same message is still there. I have tried everything that I possibly can as I have looked through previous threads etc but I’m now at my wits end and no one at O2 seems to understand what the issue is and keeps doing the same things over and over that clearly don’t work. I can’t add any plans in the actual Apple Watch app because this message is still there. I was hoping someone might be able to help here.

C1FD4D2D-0DE0-414E-AAB6-E28402D2FB74.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Do you have a direct debit set up, this is a requirement for apple watch eSIM

Message 21 of 85

RT123
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa

I am having exactly the same issue as above. 

I've just been on the phone to O2 for over an hour. I was back and forth between sales and customer services - nobody knew how to fix the issue. 

We reset the watch, but hasn't fixed the issue - still don't have the option to set up mobile data on the watch app. 

Please can you help?

Thanks in advance. 

Message 22 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@RT123 

What type of account do you have?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 85

RT123
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's an Iphone 8 with 20GB data and unlimited minutes/messages

Message 24 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@RT123 

Monthly contract or PAYG?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 85

RT123
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

monthly contract

Message 26 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@RT123 

Do you have the iData bolt on?

ie, do you get visual voicemail or do you need to dial 901 to listen to voicemail?

Currently using:
Message 27 of 85

RT123
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I get a visual voicemail on the phone app (don't need to call 191)

Message 28 of 85

RT123
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
(*901)
Message 29 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

I'll need to call in @O2Emma then @RT123 as I can't access your account.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 85