cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPS not Syc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have recently wiped my pc and reloaded eveything back on. I de autherised before hand on itunes and after reloading it back on autherised it. When i have gone to syc my iphone 5 it will not syc the APPS any more. Music works fine, just the apps it will not syc?

Any Help much welcomed.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Normally the apps are backed up to the icloud, so no real need to back up any more to itunes.

Check your icloud settings to make sure user name is correct, mine was not so it also failed.

Then also try rebooting your phone and im sure it will sync. Apple servers are rammed today though due to iphone launch.

John

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is it going when you hit sync,

Are the apps in your itunes

Edit: removed link as that for the older versions   slight_frown

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

Mine does not have the little box to tick for syc apps, it does for music and photos. But not for Apps?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you sure you re authorised your PC ?

From iTunes.

Add apps to iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad

You can download apps from the App Store to your computer and add them to your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.

If you have an iPod touch or iPhone with iOS 4 or later, or an iPad with iOS 4.2 or later, you can organize your apps by creating folders in iTunes or on your device. The folders are synced when you sync your device with your computer.

Hide

Sync downloaded apps to iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad

• Connect your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your computer and select your device.
  • Click the Apps button.
  • Select Sync Apps, and click Install next to the apps you want to sync. If you have iOS 3.1 or later, you can also do the following:
    • Drag apps from the list on the left to the Home screen on the right.
    • Arrange your device’s Home screens by dragging app icons to where you want them to appear.
  • Click Apply.

Show

Create an apps folder in iTunes

You can use the mobile apps you download only on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (not on your computer). Some apps might not work on all devices.

If you’re connected to a 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi network, you can also buy apps directly from your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad. For more information, see the documentation that came with your device.

SEE ALSO

iTunes Store overview

Was this page helpful?Send feedback.

© 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Normally the apps are backed up to the icloud, so no real need to back up any more to itunes.

Check your icloud settings to make sure user name is correct, mine was not so it also failed.

Then also try rebooting your phone and im sure it will sync. Apple servers are rammed today though due to iphone launch.

John

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks, will try tonight

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks, will try tonight

Check your iCloud back up is turned on.

settings, icloud, storage and backup,