Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

8 & 16 GB iPhone no longer available

Went onto the o2 website to buy another iPhone to find the message below, does this mean the 3g version is on its way?

Please note: 8GB and 16GB iPhone are no longer available.

Quad-band GSM phone
Wi-Fi & EDGE connectivity
16GB on-board memory
Visual Voicemail
Full featured email and web browsing
2 Megapixel camera
Anonymous

I hope their bringing one asap before the end of july, i just gave mine to my dad Smiley Tongue i been searching all over the web and theres no designs or word about a 3g version.
Anonymous

I hope their bringing one asap before the end of july, i just gave mine to my dad Smiley Tongue i been searching all over the web and theres no designs or word about a 3g version.

There have been some rumoured designs. Have a look at MacRumors and AppleInsider for some probably fake mock-ups.

Seems very strange that O2 have already run out when the 3G version is expected towards the end of June. Someone's been very bad at organising stock, or maybe O2 just aren't going to offer the next version?
Anonymous

Seems very strange that O2 have already run out when the 3G version is expected towards the end of June. Someone's been very bad at organising stock, or maybe O2 just aren't going to offer the next version?

If o2 aren't going to be the provider for the 3g version of the iPhone, that would mean that current iPhone owners are stuffed until the end of their contract :robotmad:
Anonymous

I think we will se the iphone sooner rather than later... It is not in apples interest to hold back when supply is low. If websites are true to form it maybe becuase they are about to launch not only a new 3g handset but a new look edge ones...

Whilst edge in the UK is poor to say the least in the USA it is the other way around. Having moved back from the states last year At&t have more work to do than o2 to get their network up to spec. Saying that o2 have reached the required amount according to ofcom before the deadline.. again could this be due to an early launch of a 3g iphone.

I think like apple do... they will make a big show and dance about a new handset then make us wait a month

Whilst the edge on o2 is well... p**s poor... I dont think their package overall is bad
Anonymous

The 16gb is now back in stock, so could have just been a delivery issue Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

But what about the 8gb ones? Any sign of any more of those?
Anonymous

apparently theres none on apple.com either, on both the us and uk sites!!!!!!!!!!!
3g iphone here we go???????????????????? :robotindifferent: :robotindifferent:
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
the very last delivery of iPhones have been dispatched to retail stores dunno where stock is allocated. as for 3G iphone, check out screens from latest beta of v2.0 firmware
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/10/news ... orking-on/
Anonymous

This post removed for guidelines violation