cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, got an iPhone 6s 3 months old , 4g enabled, new sim installed today, live in a good 4g area. My wife has exactly the same phone/setup. At home I cannot get 4G anywhere, only E or occasionally 3G. Wifes works 4G everywhere. I can get 4G on my phone about 200 meters away from the house. I also get no service as well! Any ideas anybody ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Where did the phone come from?
Faulty?
If you have an Apple store nearby, get them to run a diagnostic check on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you swap sims with your wife to see if the fault stays with your phone or moves with the sim to your wife's?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe your phone connects to a different mast. Have you checked the coverage check

https://status.o2.co.uk
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Did any of the above suggestions help you with your phone signal? It would be great to hear how you're getting on with this. slight_smile

Message 6 of 6