cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g not working on iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm new here,
I have a new iphone 6 - sim free bought direct from apple.
I am on a 12 month sim only deal with O2.
I had to do a sim swop yesterday in the O2 shop as my last phone was a 4s. I'm out of contract on that phone. Never had a problem with the 3G service on it.
I waited 24 hours for the sim swop to go through and had no service - I tried the text service and it went through straight away. However my phone still says 3G. I've toggled 4g on and off.
I've done a full restore of the phone. Nothing
I've taken out the sim, cleaned it. Nothing
I'm at my wits end with it now.
I'm on O2 12m ultd 5GB 4G
Message 1 of 38
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You just have standard data. You need to change apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" for now to get data working and get CS to change you to iData tomorrow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume your in a 4g area and on a 4g tariff.

Check your service status http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 3 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi yes I'm in Manchester.
I did the postcode check as well and have full 4g coverage in my area.

Tarrif >I'm on O2 12m ultd 5GB 4G
Message 4 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contact O2 on 202 to check your account.

Try Settings -General- Reset - Reset Network Settings.

Are you able to try your sim in another 4g compatible phone as a process of elimination.
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've done the reset network settings - nothing happened.
Customer services could not help me, said they didn't know what the problem was.

Sorry I don't have any way of checking the phone I only have a 4s on a micro sim 😞

Service status in my area just checked and it's running fine. No issues.
Message 6 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have an Apple Store nearby ?

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

You can get sim adapters free from any O2 shop to make your nano sim into a micro sim but the 4s won't run 4G anyway. 😞

It may be worth possibly carrying out another sim swap if the phone checks out ok ?
Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, trafford centre. O2 customer services said an email went round last night that there might be an issue but she didn't give me any answers, just took my details and said they would pass them on to her manager.
In the meantime I'm stuck with a 4s that has no service on it and a 6 that has no mobile data on it.
I had a message a few mins ago when I tried email and it said 'could not activate mobile data network' you are not subscribed to a mobile data service

Message 8 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
A sim swap can sometimes take up to 24 hours to fully settle + sometimes a bit more if the Network is busy. Take into account the amount of people sim swapping right now.

Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phones working fine for calls and texts (although sometimes it gives me undelivered and I have to hit retry a couple of times but then they go)
It's working great over wifi
Top of the phone gives me signal strength and O2-uk 3G
I've had no problems moving my backup of the 4s over to the 6 - all my music and photos and apps are there
Message 10 of 38