cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G keeps dropping out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does 4G keep dropping out of my iPhone 7 and how do I rectify it without constantly having to reboot?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You could try getting a new sim card in case it's faulty.
If you pop into your local O2 store they will swap it for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have an apple store nearby if might be worth making an appointment to get the phone checked out if the sim replacement doesn't change things. 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

my 4G keeps dropping in and out! its variable between 3/4 that is just due to my location, althou it states im in a 4g area you have to take certain factors into account such as propertys in the area, any high risers, what your walls are like and also electrical equipment, my house backs onto an 18 hole golf course and hundreds of acres of woodland so again that is detrimental to my signal, its not always the sim card that is at fault or the phone it can simply be local demagraphics.... 

Message 4 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the forum! Let us know how you get on with the above suggestions? slight_smile

Thanks for your replies @MI5, @jonsie, @Anonymous! slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

ACTISmedia
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are having the same issue.  I say we because we each have O2 and the 4G has been dropping out all day.  On and off.  Quite frustrating.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@ACTISmedia wrote:

We are having the same issue.  I say we because we each have O2 and the 4G has been dropping out all day.  On and off.  Quite frustrating.

Yes, you and everyone else.

Message 7 of 7