Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Topics: 83

Re: 4G buffering

Thats a pretty high ping result tbh.
Can you manually select a closer server in the speedtest app settings and check the ping again.

Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,914

Test your jitter and packet losses here http://www.pingtest.net/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)

I'm getting a better ping from Paris on both 3g and 4G with better upload speed on both and I have 1 bar of 4g

On 3 bars of 4g I'd expect a ping of 15-40 (depending how close to the local server) and speeds of 15Mb+ dl and at least 5Mb up

Anonymous

Hmm I think I might have to ring O2 about this then as the ping rate is quite high.

Thanks for everyone's input
Anonymous

O2 seem to think it's a handset fault and have refered me to apple? Hmmmmm

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 seem to think it's a handset fault and have refered me to apple? Hmmmmm

It could be, as I have suggested, but you need to try on WiFi to confirm it or otherwise......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

I'll give wifi a whirl before I take it to apple. Thanks again for your help everyone!

No worries - Hope you get it sorted Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll give wifi a whirl before I take it to apple. Thanks again for your help everyone!

I hope you get this resolved one way or another so you can get back to enjoying the phone and Network Service.  ๐Ÿ˜„