Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: 4G and signal strength

I can't help but find it ironic that when we only had 2g we didn't have all these complaints about old houses, thick walls, new houses and insulation etc. Phones just generally worked.

Now instead of phone services actually working the networks are going out of their way to justify why they don't work.
Topics: 113

@MI5 wrote:
Old houses with thick walls or new houses with extra insulation - You can't win with indoors signal.....
Assumption from what you've just said is that 5s has a better modem than the 6 does.

Foil backed slabbed polystryrene cavity insulation and some supermarkets/DIY outlets constructed of metal cladding.........the signal just disappears.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,926

The perfect Faraday cage

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 765

@MI5 wrote:

The perfect Faraday cage

Whatever it is...yet again @Anonymous is having problems with this phone. One thing after another, ever since she got it....Really annoying....I would say jokingly that maybe she should go back to the 5s...as no problems at all with that one.. A lot of money to pay for a phone that she has had no joy with since she got it Smiley Frustrated

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 113

@MI5 wrote:

The perfect Faraday cage

Faraday cage

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Anonymous

Feeling a doughnut, Apple confirmed that the phone is programmed to find the strongest signal so thats 3G in my house... however I feel like my fibre optic box is interfering as when I'm upstairs it uses 4G

Deja vu....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

Something I'm just going to have to live with?

Whistle

Yes, but do you not use wifi at home anyway?

Currently using:
Anonymous

I do when its not down LOL