cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G and signal strength

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit strange but when my phone is just 3G I have 4 bubbles of signal and when I turned on my 4G I only get 2 signal bubbles.

Does anyone know why and how I can fix this?
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't help but find it ironic that when we only had 2g we didn't have all these complaints about old houses, thick walls, new houses and insulation etc. Phones just generally worked.

Now instead of phone services actually working the networks are going out of their way to justify why they don't work.
Message 41 of 52

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Old houses with thick walls or new houses with extra insulation - You can't win with indoors signal.....
Assumption from what you've just said is that 5s has a better modem than the 6 does.

Foil backed slabbed polystryrene cavity insulation and some supermarkets/DIY outlets constructed of metal cladding.........the signal just disappears.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 42 of 52

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The perfect Faraday cage

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 52

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The perfect Faraday cage

Whatever it is...yet again @Anonymous is having problems with this phone. One thing after another, ever since she got it....Really annoying....I would say jokingly that maybe she should go back to the 5s...as no problems at all with that one.. A lot of money to pay for a phone that she has had no joy with since she got it Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 52

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The perfect Faraday cage

Faraday cage

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 45 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Feeling a doughnut, Apple confirmed that the phone is programmed to find the strongest signal so thats 3G in my house... however I feel like my fibre optic box is interfering as when I'm upstairs it uses 4G
Message 46 of 52

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Deja vu....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 47 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something I'm just going to have to live with?

Whistle

Message 48 of 52

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, but do you not use wifi at home anyway?

Currently using:
Message 49 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do when its not down LOL

Message 50 of 52