cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Unread Emails???

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Email account is showing 3 unread emails but. I cannot find any unread emails? Anybody got any ideas how to clear this, ive tried a reboot etc. thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I have found the trash option in my advanced settings within my email account on my iphone and turned it back on. Many thanks for all your help, great advice as usual. 😀

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not sure what the exact cause is to be honest but I would try deleting and re-adding  the account. Also check online on your pc to make sure there is nothing showing there. 

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Not sure what the exact cause is to be honest but I would try deleting and re-adding  the account. Also check online on your pc to make sure there is nothing showing there. 

Happens to me sometimes when I have a lot of emails coming in.....often needs a long long long scroll down to find the unread ones......sure enough... they are usually there....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I found this.

"This worked for my iPhone 5, however I did the following:

Went into email settings and turned email to "Off"
Exited back to home screen and turned off the iphone
Turned iphone back on
Went into email settings and turned email "On"
This cleared the unread email notification, and when I went into email, my old email messages were not there. Therefore, I went back into settings and selected "Show 200 Recent Messages" and then refreshed my inbox, and my old email messages started to come back into view.

This was the only solution that worked for me, tried everything else."

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check drafts, outbox and trash too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone, I deleted the account and then reinstalled it and it brought in the unread emails. However when i swipe the email it doesn't give me the option to trash it, it now offers archive instead. If I choose archive where does it then go as I cannot spot it?
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

To the cloud....

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2652

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I have found the trash option in my advanced settings within my email account on my iphone and turned it back on. Many thanks for all your help, great advice as usual. 😀
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Awesome. Happy to help slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear your sorted. 😄
Message 10 of 11