Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

02 unlock did not work

After undergoing this procedure several times as a result to 02's poor customer service, I finally received a text to say my iphone was unlocked and all I had to do was connect it to itunes. Seemed pretty forward and it was what i did. However, after connecting it many times, and i even synced it and did a full restore, nothing happened. the phone was still locked when i put in a new simcard. what should i do? will apple be able to exchange my phone due to this? and will 02 pay me back because i have completely lost faith and my patience in them

Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Re: 02 unlock did not work

have you connected to itunes with the non o2 sim in to perform the unlock?

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

yep, i have but with my contract orange sim? is that why it isn't working?

Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

The unlock has to be done with an non o2 sim in it any other network.

So you had the sms saying it is unlocked and it is not working you need to speak to o2 to ensure that it is showing there end as correctly processed or they need to send the request to apple again.

You are using the latest version of itunes and ios?

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Yes i am, okay thank you for your help, they said i should pop into their store Smiley Sad

Anonymous

Hi Gracie I had the same problem as u, started in March when I had an iphone replace by Apple under warranty due to battery.  The original phone was unlock by O2 no problem.  The replacement was locked to O2, so filled in the form to get it unlock, no reply. did it again at the beginning of May, nothing, than called at end of May / did online chat and finally got the request processed.  But it did not work, they said it was unlock, but when put like an Orange simcard in it come up with no service. 

Did not come up with "simcard invalid" but network restricted.  Call up again / chat and went back and forth with no joy, request been resubmitted, and this Friday went to O2 Guru in Swansea (if you going tomorrow / Monday ask the guru to call the one in Swansea, name Stuart.) and Staurt did manage to get the phone a bit further.  In that it now show the "network" but show no bars.  Today I went to apple store, who exchange the handset with a new one which I am restoring now.  They did get it to show "full bars" but still could not make calls.  It would work on "any" o2 networks ie o2, tesco, giff gaff, etc.. Think you will have to take it back to apple store it seem. 

Anonymous

just update, my iphone was replace by apple with a new unlocked one :-D.
Anonymous

Any iPhone bought direct from apple is unlocked
Anonymous

is your orange simcard compatable for iphones? Im with t mobile and had to ring them up to send me a sim card i could you in an i phone.
Anonymous

I have had 3 Iphones unlocked by O2 and for me at least it has always been a quick and painless process but one thing i did find out was that the sim ( Non O2 ) that is used to unlock the phone must be a working one ,i tried to use an old Vodaphone one that was no longer active but was getting no where but as soon as i used a borrowed active sim it came up with the unlocked message straight away ,might be something worth considering if you still having problems .