Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

Re: 02 unlock did not work

@Anonymous wrote:
Any iPhone bought direct from apple is unlocked

But if you upgrade at Apple the phone will be locked to whichever network you are with and I believe warranty replacements are also locked.

If you are just purchasing the phone, then yes it will be unlocked.

Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Apple warranty / out of warranty replacements have the lock status of the original iphone as apple match the imei's up during the process if locked remains locked if unlocked it is unlocked.

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

Just as I thought Adam, thanks for confirming.

Anonymous

yes it is, since I had the iphone change by apple, the orange sim now works, three, vodafone etc.. Did not get this one (nor the first one I had) unlock to use a different network in UK. It is to use a different sim whilst in France, Italy, Russia and Middle East. With the changes of EU roaming the requirement for France is less. About warranty phone, yes normally if it is lock to say o2, replacement will be lock to o2. Likewise if unlock will be unlocked. That what made the genius bar people more confuse since the iphone on the warranty check was showing it was an orange phone but O2 and their internal records show it was an o2 iphone and o2 work orange did not. No one could explain it :-). @Scopex never knew that about active sims, my sim I was using was, but still useful to know for the future...
Level 1: Joiner

My phone is the same - its dreadful. Its my phone but they wont unlock it - an i phone 7.

5-6 days ago I requested an unlock, now I have no usable phone, am paying for airtime with someone else that I cannot use, losing business comercially. It is ridiculous and surely illiegal to stop you using your phone which is all paid for?

I am so glad I am leaving these clowns.

I about about to issue some legal proceedings as I cannot be without a phone any longer.

Today (and everyday) I put two calls in both of which promised to e mail me back (Cant phone me as I have no phone!) but nothing , nothing at all.

I am very very angry

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,379

@EmilieT can you help?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Highlighted
Community Manager

@APLee I've just sent you a Private Message to get a few more details, so I can have someone look into this for you slight smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature