cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking my iphone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have an O2 pay monthly phone which I only pay for the tariff now as the phone is paid up.  I am wanting to unlock my old iphone 4 to any network which was also on O2.  How do I go about this as I'm not wanting to unlock my current phone?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If the sim is the same size, use the iphone for a few days (until it shows the details in My o2).
Once it is there, follow the unlock my device link either on the app (at the bottom of the main screen is device details, then press on unlock your device) or from the web site (again scroll down to device details then click on unlock your device).
More info here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-c...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If the sim is the same size, use the iphone for a few days (until it shows the details in My o2).
Once it is there, follow the unlock my device link either on the app (at the bottom of the main screen is device details, then press on unlock your device) or from the web site (again scroll down to device details then click on unlock your device).
More info here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-c...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How are you getting on? slight_smile Did you manage to unlock your old iPhone in the end?

Message 3 of 3