cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been trying to unlock my phone now for over a week now and the systems are constantly down, does anyone know how to unlock my phone to use any networks or when the stystems will be working again?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
But we have no idea when o2 will fix their issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
But we have no idea when o2 will fix their issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It just seems this problem is only with iPhones but it's been affecting customers for too long now. 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you called customer services or even tried calling Apple support to make sure their isnt any errors on their systems as you need to use iTunes to complete the unlocking procedure?

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Since ios9 you don't need to connect to iTunes, simply insert another network sim once the unlock successful message has been received. 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry was just gfoing by what i had to do a couple of weeks ago when i unlocked my iPhone  7 

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No problem at all, it wouldn't do any harm connecting to iTunes but it's just not necessary now. 

Message 7 of 7