cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refurb nonsense

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a new contract with o2 in april which came with a fully refurbed iphone5c. the warrenty was only 3 months apparently but after 4 months the logic board has completely mucked up and left my phone useless. surely a phone in the exact same condition cosmetically shouldnt have this problem!! would i have a leg to stand on going to trading standards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It may be worth your while having a chat to Apple support http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

Otherwise I can only see O2 sending it off for repair....Not good for it to pack up after 4 months though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you went to Apple for a repair, it is correct that once a handset is refurbished it only carries a 3 month warranty with Apple. 

However, as you got the handset from O2 with a new contract, they provide cover themselves for the first 12 months, mimicking the normal Apple warranty you'd get with a brand new handset. 

Contact O2 and query a repair. If it was an advisor at O2 who told you the warranty is only 3 months, then in this situation they are incorrect. 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous they will just repair it as it is past the cooling off period, regardless of warranty, they will not replace the phone
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like you went to Apple for a repair, it is correct that once a handset is refurbished it only carries a 3 month warranty with Apple

I think you are mistaken, I have bought several refurbished iPhones and iPads from the Apple Store and they all cried a 12 month guarantee. If however the phone was refurbished by O2 that might be a different matter.
Also if the the phone was replaced by Apple for a refurbished one then the guarantee will be three months or what was left of the original guarantee, which ever is longer.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That is correct.
3 months or the remainder of warranty, whichever is the longest.
O2 should also honour 12 months of sold on a 12 month contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6