cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 mms instead of sms in group text

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I use an app called 'Group Text' to send multiple sms texts BUT O2 is charging them as MMS (media).

The developer says its not their app, apple says its not their software.. Is anyone else having this problem?

PS i recently changed from contract to pay as go

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arrgh I can see your issues there. I'd advise turning iMessage just to save issues.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Any reason why your not using the built in group messaging?

Ill check out the app see if I can find a solution.

We have had a few members facing similar problems
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started using it 18 months ago (i paid for it initially as it allowed me to design templates and re assign them to future email groups)

Message 3 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
There is mention of turning off mms settings and imrssage when you have included one contact in the group who is not iMessage compatable.

Have you tried this?
Message 4 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

[Img]http://i.imgur.com/hpnZL.jpg[/img]

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes but how would you know if they were imessage compatible?  i.e. i have a group of 16 contacts that are business related so text them as a group via group text at present?

Message 6 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arrgh I can see your issues there. I'd advise turning iMessage just to save issues.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will try that.  So, who is to blame for my charges IYHO?  Apple, O2 or the app developer?  

As it stands they are all blaming each other!

Message 8 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd say the app dev. I'd of put in a specific warning that you had to close. Informing you that if any contacts were not useing iMessage you may be charged.

Along with the option to turn it off. I presume you didn't get anything like that?
Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
O2's policy is that any group texts are sent as MMS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12