cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 iPhone 4 Unlock?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I wondered if anybody here could help me?

I recently bought a iPhone 4 through a friend of a friend & didnt realise it was locked to o2! (i am currently with Vodafone)

I currently have the handset but the guy who was the original owner has filled out the out unlock form.

Now will the unlock still work even though he is now using his sim in his new phone?

Any help will be appriciated thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it was a contract phone and if he used your IMEI number with the original O2 number it "should" work. But it will depend on how long the phone has been off the O2 network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it was a contract phone and if he used your IMEI number with the original O2 number it "should" work. But it will depend on how long the phone has been off the O2 network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply! It is a o2 contract and its only a 6 months old phone so he is still with/using that same number!

I dont know his circumstance but i assume he got hold of a new handset so sold this one onto me.

I do hope its ok as i have missed my iphone which i broke many months back and have had to make do with a Samsung S2 lol

Message 3 of 3