cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no incoming or outgoing calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have recently moved over from vodaphone to o2 and never in my life have i had so many issues trying to make a phone call or receive one. ive been given the speel about checking my area etc. i work in central london and live in zone 2 central london. there is no excuse to why i should be getting the service my phone signal tells me i have. every time i make a call it says call failed. i get messages that ive missed calls. this has been one of the worst service ive ever received

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It is either a SIM or phone issue. Try SIM in another phone (use SIM adaptor if not in an ip5) and if your SIM is OK get the phone to an apple store to be checked out. If no signal on SIM in another phone contact O2 for a replacement SIM....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Are you able to make calls/txts at all?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
i can send imessages and search the internet.
Message 3 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
By any chance is that on wifi?

Didn't really answere my question my friend.

Are normal txts ok? Are the calls always denied?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry.. on wifi and off i can send txts (but sometimes i will have to press resend a few times) the majority of the time i try to make calls it says failed. when i finally do get through i have been cut off on more than 1 occassion

Message 5 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok unfortunately that rules out a problem with the phone since swap:(

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

Try using this site to see how far away you are from the mast. If your a considerable distance or right next to it would explain the issues.

Is it only at home when you have these issues?

If so;

•is it an old house?
•built up area?

O2 will be realeasing an app called tu go shortly (months) that allows all calls/txts to go via wifi instead of waiting for a mast signal.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

im within metres of at o2 antenna. which is ironically next to a all the network antennas and ive never experienced such difficulties in using a phone to make or receive phone calls. 

Message 7 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Is that the only tower nearby? If your literally that close its unlikely that that is the tower which serves your signal.

Unfortunately if your too close to a tower it is essentially a huge black spot of no signal. You'll Probably find there is another mast overlapping the mast that is close to you.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
slight_smile im close to like 4 o2 atennas. there shouldnt b any black spots. i also work in central london and still experience the same difficulties
Message 9 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Somthing is definatly wrong there:(

Did you take a new iPhone from O2 when you came over?
Message 10 of 17