cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5c having a fit

Anonymous
Not applicable

i phone 5c, worst phone i have ever bought, tonight it has decided whatever you select on the screen it will randomly open something else, try to type anything and it types anything it feels like and sends it to a totally different person, cant make calls, cant lock it, what can i do besides smashing it up?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Reset it completely and start again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i phone 5c, worst phone i have ever bought, tonight it has decided whatever you select on the screen it will randomly open something else, try to type anything and it types anything it feels like and sends it to a totally different person, cant make calls, cant lock it, what can i do besides smashing it up?

As an Android user I could maybe give you the answer to that @Anonymous but....:smileywink:

Is it still under warranty.....? Any point making an appointment with the Apple Genius guys?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive had it around 14 months now, not under warrenty, i had the 4s before this one and never had an issue, this one is just terrible, im trying to speak to someone on here about it but they are all busy apparently, i'll try the reset and see what happens.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Give it a try and if not it would be worth contacting Apple support even though its not in Warranty

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/

Edited for spelling slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
If you're able to (ie. If the phone lets you), reset the phone via the settings menu (settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings). Then set it back up as a new phone. You'll be able to restore all of your photos but you'll need to reinstall your apps.

If the phone won't let you reset as above, put it into DFU mode (Google how to do it), then restore it via iTunes on your computer.

Hope this works slight_smile
I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do a restore via iTunes on your PC but make sure you back up before you do so then either set up as a new phone or from your previous backup. If you do decide to visit an Apple Store then they will either charge you for a repair or offer you a refurb handset for a reduced price
Message 7 of 7