cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone is coming up with TEMPERATURE..iphone needs to cool down before using.....any answers how to sort this plz?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions

Information from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2101

If this keeps happening it may be that there is some App running continuously or there may be a problem with the internal heat sensor.

If it's still under warranty it may be worth getting it checked by a Genius at your nearest Apple store.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions

Information from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2101

If this keeps happening it may be that there is some App running continuously or there may be a problem with the internal heat sensor.

If it's still under warranty it may be worth getting it checked by a Genius at your nearest Apple store.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions
Have you updated the software recently, this issue was common on iOS4 but not heard about it recently...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happened to me once although I was in Egypt mid July, over 40 degrees C and I'd left it on a sun lounger.

On the same holiday I also left a super soaker water gun in the blazing sunshine and without a thought I picked it up and proceeded to spray the wife in the face. It never crossed my mind that the water would reach a temperature somewhat close to that of the surface of the sun. I think she saw the funny side after the pain went away.
Message 4 of 4