Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 3gs

DkM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my iphone downloaded  2068kb of data last night at midnight. i had deliberately turned it completely off to see if it would do  this.  not impressed as large downloads happening each night regularly happening at oo.oo.oo will have used my data allowance before end of month.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turning off your iphone will mean it wouldn't of been able to access the net or update any apps in the background.

Speak to 02 Customer Services to ascertain what was accessed !

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is quite common. It will more likely have uploaded the data rather than downloaded, but this will still use your allowance unless you're connected to wifi. It is quite likely your phone sending diagnostic information to Apple. To turn this off go to Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage and then turn Automatic sending off. If you're connected to Wifi it shouldn't use your cellular data anyway.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Your account is updated each night at midnight which is why you see those download figure. It is an accumulation of the day's usage and not an indication that you are downloading at midnight.

Message 4 of 5

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Sorry to advise

U CANNOT stop data on an iPhone, which is why they have a specific iPhone tariff.

However that's only 2mb and considering you have 500mb it's nothing.

IPhone's continually update and use data. Even if u turn everything off.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 5 of 5