cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idata

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to i-phone but note that idata.o2.co.uk is using about 40 mb a month, sending me something??? every day around midnight when I'm not even using my phone. Can someone tell me what this is doing for me? I believe I'm set to use wi-fi at home so am not sure why it's using cellular data allocation

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Midnight is when the O2 system updates so you don't need to be using it at that time.

Apps are continually running in the background and updating all the time. Cellular data becomes active when wifi sleeps so if you don't want this data to be used you need to switch off mobile/cellular data.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Midnight is when the O2 system updates so you don't need to be using it at that time.

Apps are continually running in the background and updating all the time. Cellular data becomes active when wifi sleeps so if you don't want this data to be used you need to switch off mobile/cellular data.

Message 2 of 3

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Also, be aware that 40 MB over the course of a month is not very much. But it depends on what other things you do during the month, and most obviously what data you are getting as part of the plan you are paying for every month, so suggest you check it.

(FYI, on average most plans include around 500 MB/mth minimum.) 

Message 3 of 3