cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone data problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just got an iPhone 4 and am using a simplicity sim and just got changed over from the basics for blackberry data bolt on to the basics for iPhone.

I can't seem to pick up 3G or any data, Wifi works fine. Checked all settings and tried online chat to O2 online and going into the O2 store to fix the problem.

They tried changing settings, new micro sims, complete reset of the handset and removing and reactivating the bolt on. Nothing worked.

He put the sim from his own phone in and 3G worked fine.

His last suggestion was to go to the Genius Bar, but I can't get until next week.

Any ideas or suggestions?

P.s. I should also mention that my girlfriend also got an iPhone 4 and is using a simplicity sim with the iPhone data bolt on added. She has the same problem.

Many thanks
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like it was an O2 problem. Woke up this morning and restarted the handset and data started working, thanks for all responses.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What APN are you using?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried idata and mobile and downloaded the settings sent through from O2. The guy in the O2 store also tried these. He said that on simplicity it should be mobile but idata can also work on simplicity.
Message 3 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunately I can only reccomend a Genius Bar as well. It sounds as though you've covered it all already:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks anyway! Just thought I'd post incase anyone had experienced anything like this.
Message 5 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Out of curiosity do you get edge/2g?

Have you restored the handset from iTunes?
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No not getting any data services at all. Yes completely restored my own handset from itunes earlier today.

They're both brand new handsets and both are on the second set of microsims.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also receiving this problem new sim bolt ons fine been in shop phoned customer service said some permissions was not she put them on and told me to wait 24 hour and should work but mine is the iPhone5 on contract same problem though I think
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry it was provisioning.....It's wholly dependent on the provisioning team at O2 and their workload. Taken from another thread
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like it was an O2 problem. Woke up this morning and restarted the handset and data started working, thanks for all responses.
Message 10 of 11