cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Excel Spreadsheet app

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm looking for some advice... I use spreadsheets quite a bit on my laptop, however it's broke, I've still got my documents etc. but I wanted to know if and what the best app is to use to edit spreadsheets and put formulas in, like on a laptop. I also know that it's a Microsoft product, but surely Apple must have an app/facility to edit spreadsheets and 'word docs'.

Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Docs to Go is another App.  I had Quick Office on my first iPhone but it only synched one way (to the phone) so once Docs to Go for iPhone was launched I got that.  I'd used it on my Palm and it synchs both ways so if I change anything on the phone it updates on PC.  It was also easier to synch via wi fi with Docs to Go as Quick Office needed another network place setting up on my computer which was a bit hit or miss at the time.   (QO may well have changed since then and have the same functionality.)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I use an app called Quickoffice pro for word and excel

There are rumors of a cloud based app from microsoft comming

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah right thanks, can you fully edit a spreadsheet? I've emailed the document to myself, so can I download it and open/edit it that way? Also, how much is the app?

Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Long time since I paid for it so in the app store it is not showing a price but around £2.99 I think I saw it flash up quickly link to there website http://www.quickoffice.com/quickoffice_pro_iphone/

You can fully edit and it intergrates with dropbox etc I am about to get the ipad version at £6.99

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go into "SkyDrive" via  the Outlook.com(Hotmail) web site you can access an online version of Excel.  When you get the pc sorted you can sync back to the laptop from the "cloud" version.

I have quite a big spreadsheet on my SkyDrive and it syncs seamlessly with the pc

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Docs to Go is another App.  I had Quick Office on my first iPhone but it only synched one way (to the phone) so once Docs to Go for iPhone was launched I got that.  I'd used it on my Palm and it synchs both ways so if I change anything on the phone it updates on PC.  It was also easier to synch via wi fi with Docs to Go as Quick Office needed another network place setting up on my computer which was a bit hit or miss at the time.   (QO may well have changed since then and have the same functionality.)

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used Docs To Go for a number of years and its never let me down. You also download a desktop application so that its very easy to add stuff onto your iPhone. It reads a lot of other files as well Excel Spreadsheets. The app is a universal one so if you have an iPad, the iPad version downloads onto it so there's no need to purchase an iPad version too. Admittedly the reviews aren't great but I've had no issues with Docs To Go.

I view XLSX files that I created in Office Excel 2010 with no problems.

Here's a link to the developers website.

http://www.dataviz.com/DTG_iphone.html?redirect=iphone

Here's a link to the app:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/documents-to-go-premium-office/id317107309?mt=8

Message 7 of 7