O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 27: Desk Jockey

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

iMaich wrote:

Who needs to sim swap?

Upgrading customers will have to swap from a standard or micro sim to a nano sim. We can help you do this.

Swap sim here

seems pretty clear to me, ill let you know if they send me a sim like they did last year with the micro sim.

That link is to swap from one sim to another, you need the serial number off of your present sim card and the serial number off of the nano sim for it to work, so its not any use at present.

 iPhone 7 Plus 128GB matte black

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.
Check out my You Tube Channel for iPhone video guides and more.
iPhone video guides and more
Level 3: Thinker

You can buy the unlocked iPhone at the Apple Online Store without a SIM or add a Pay as you go starter pack from one of the available carriers (Pay as you go starter packs are currently not available for the iPhone 5)

So the above also means that O2 are incorrect saying you could order a PAYG O2 one from Apple.

uncleiven197 wrote:
We are talking about if you have pre ordered the iP5 DIRECT from Apple... nothing to do with O2.

O2 need to send out Nano SIMS separately or make them available to pick up in store pior to next Friday.

I think its going to be a case of turning up at the O2 store next Friday with the iPhone 5 and or sales invoice from Apple to then be given a nano sim.

Its the same with O2 everytime theres an iPhone launch, an overwhelming lack of information every single time. Bad management and organisation comes to mind, you would think by now they would have better measures in places to avoid earlier problems. :manmad:

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.
Level 1: Joiner

this is a chat i had just now with o2

Spencer: Hi I'm O2 : Spencer. How can I help?

kevin: good morning please can you assist me. can you confirm that when you get an iphone 5 from yourself or direct from apple does it have a nano sim in the box. if not how do i get a nano sim to use on o2 as im a pay monthly customer

kevin: ive pre orderd a new iphone 5 from apple and i will want to use it on o2

kevin: but i will need a nano sim

Spencer: if you place an order  you will get nano SIM card as well

kevin: ahh so the nano sim will come automaticly with the new phone

Spencer: yes.

Spencer: you can pre-order the iphone from our website from today

kevin: and i just use the o2 web link to change over my old sim to new sim

kevin: i cant upgrade till november

kevin: me contract renewal date is 9th dec

Spencer: Once you get the New new SIm card please contact us to swap teh SIM card

kevin: i can do that via web site right

kevin: or over the phone

kevin: or via live chat like this

Spencer: Through live chat

Still don't believe this!

The only way I can see a nano sim been supplied with iPhone 5's that are purchased from Apple's website is if they include a nano sim for each of the 5 major UK mobile networks, possible but I can't see it. That's the only way that they are going to ensure that customers are going to have a usable nano sim card.

Nope, I cant see that either.

O2 need to pul their finger out!

I also had shocking customer service with o2 chat the other day!

I cannot believe that O2 are clueless to what people are asking here....

When you pre-order with Apple today, there is No ability to order it with a SIM Starter Pack. So the phone will arrive with No SIM card.

Therefore existing O2 customers who are ordering via Apple today need the ability to have either a Nano SIM sent out or be able to pick one up at a store.

It can't be impossible to sort!