O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 3: Thinker

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

Yeah we need O2 to confirm ASAP. I presume you will be able to pick one up from in-store??
Level 1: Joiner

I'm struggling with this too....

Looking at the o2 twitter feed they are telling everyone it will arrive with a nano sim but I don't think they are talking about orders direct from Apple. When I ordered direct I had no option to tell them I was on o2 at anytime! The website link just explains how to register your o2 nano sim once you have it.... nothing regarding actually getting one. I chat with a live assitant didn't come to much earlier either.....

Sol: Hi I'm O2 : Sol. How can I help?

Nick: Hi, I have just pre pre ordered the new iPhone5 direct from Apple. I had read on the o2 twitter account that the nano sim will be inthe box but at no time did I have the option to tell them I was on o2. Can I order one direct through yourselve please?

Sol: Okay.

Sol: I'm sorry i can't comment on the updates for the pre order .

Sol: But i will help you with the link you need to register and get all the updates for pre order .

Nick: I dont need to pre order, I have done that with Apple. I just need to order a nano sim card from o2 for my contract.

Sol: Okay.

Sol: You will get the new Nano sim with the new iPhone 5 once you get the Phone.

Sol: You will get the Nano sim along with the your new iPhone 5.

Sol: And Congrats for the new phone.

Nick: OK, is this 100% accurate? How do Apple know I need an o2 simcard? I had no option to tell them this when ordering?

Sol: Give me few minutes.

Nick: Just want to make sure it works when I receive it

Sol: You're welcome. It's okay, you don't need to be sorry as I'm here to help you.

Sol: I'm sorry we don't have any updates yet as to from where you can get the nano sim.

Sol: But as the iPhone 5 will be with us from 21 September, you can get back to us on or after this date and we'll then let you know about this.

Nick: ok thanks. have a good day

LOL - yeah thats how my convo went with someone on the phone earlier.

I will just goto an O2 store next week to see if they have any instore!

That ISN'T for ordering a nano sim.... just registering.....

Yeah, not much use when you havent got a nano sim to swap to Smiley Wink

There probs doing it on purpose so by time we find out apple will be sold out have to buy from O2 haha
Level 27: Desk Jockey

Shocking customer service this, come on O2 get your fingers out and stop keep us in the dark.

 iPhone 7 Plus 128GB matte black

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.
Check out my You Tube Channel for iPhone video guides and more.
iPhone video guides and more

Who needs to sim swap?

Upgrading customers will have to swap from a standard or micro sim to a nano sim. We can help you do this.

Swap sim here

seems pretty clear to me, ill let you know if they send me a sim like they did last year with the micro sim.

We are talking about if you have pre ordered the iP5 DIRECT from Apple... nothing to do with O2.

O2 need to send out Nano SIMS separately or make them available to pick up in store pior to next Friday.