O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

iPhone 5 Nano Sim

[ Edited ]

Will i be able to pick up a nano sim in-store as im buying my iphone from apple, as i already have an iphone simplicity contract which i would like to keep.

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

I'm wondering same too! Hopefully someone will know
Level 3: Thinker

Aren't we all. O2 seems very late in announcing what they will be doing. 

Bit of a joke really. 

Highlighted

I spoke to online guru last night who confirmed sim comes with phone. I am in same place as you and he confirmed you can pick them up from o2 and further confirmed also carphone warehouse (nearer to me), still waiting to hear back from CPW tho. I suppose their site will update at 8am
Level 27: Desk Jockey

I am one of the customers who too will be pre ordering from Apple, I'm interested to see what the procedure will be for getting a nano sim.

I think to stop abuse of people getting nano sims who are not entitled to them, then I think the best way to stop this, would be to require all customers who need one, to bring in a printed copy of the pre order/order email that you get from Apple once you've pre ordered, and also some ID. 

I realise that this will be no good for customers who are wanting to go to the Apple Store on launch day and queue. It's just if they let people walk into the o2 store and give everyone who asks for a nano sim one, then I can imagine some unscrupulous people abusing it.

Unless the requirement is going to be that you must go into the O2 store with your iPhone 5 to prove the need to have a nano sim, which will be bit of a pain.

It would be nice to get the nano sims before getting the iPhone 5 then at least we could get them activated prior to launch day.

 iPhone 7 Plus 128GB matte black

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.
Check out my You Tube Channel for iPhone video guides and more.
iPhone video guides and more

There is a bit on this site were you can swop your sim over has anyone seen this yet?

Level 27: Desk Jockey

Michelle85 wrote:
Can't we use this page
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/iphone/iphone-5/swapsim

From what I can gather. This link is for when you have the new sim card (nano sim). It prompts you to enter the serial number off of your present sim and then I assume the serial number off of the nano sim. But people choosing to purchase their iPhone 5 from Apple and who are wanting to use it on O2, are going to obviously need a nano sim, but nobody knows yet for certain what the procedure is going to be for how these customers are going to get one.

 iPhone 7 Plus 128GB matte black

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.
Check out my You Tube Channel for iPhone video guides and more.
iPhone video guides and more

Oh okay that helps me a little ye am same wanting to pre order from apple today and when seen that I thought oh wonder if that will work.