cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 - Griffin Survivor Case

Anonymous
Not applicable

My friend bought this case for his iPhone 5:

https://www.krcs.co.uk/shop/product/details/griffin-survivor-iphone-5-case-black

I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same problem.

Because the case is such a tight fit to the iPhone. I think it covers up the mic (3 that are on the iPhone 5) making it harder for the iPhone to work it's magic with noise cancelation. Due to this I've been unable to hear what my friend is saying to me when in a call. Also effects other calls not just myself.

Has anyone heard anything like this or similar?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too bought the survivor for iphone 5 as I had it on my 4 and 4s but it did effect the call quality and the sound from the earpiece was very low and people couldn't always hear me so I ended up taking it off and using a normal case

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I had a similar one for my iPhone 4 killed the sound quality. Found by opening the mic port near the bottom with a hot needle really improved things:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too bought the survivor for iphone 5 as I had it on my 4 and 4s but it did effect the call quality and the sound from the earpiece was very low and people couldn't always hear me so I ended up taking it off and using a normal case

Message 3 of 3