cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Cellular data problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my iphone5 yesterday and have the sim card changed today and swapped the nano sim, and also change the pay monthly contract 1GB data bolt on from BB to iphone, but, i cannot get the internet connection with the cellular on and i cannot send SMS with it on as well!!!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ring and ask for the immediate change of the data bolton

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

if you swapped the stats packaged today from BB to IPhone then you may have to wait until tomorrow for it to activate. 

If you need to use the iPhone now, then you will need to swap the apn settings. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I presume you can get a signal on your iPhone 5?

Try entering your town into this service checker to check for any issues.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

If that comes back all clear I would give O2 customer service a call. The tip I will mention below, gets you through to a really good customer service department, everytime I've tried it, the agents are always really good, effecient and helpful, and a lot of people who have used the tip so the same.

Here's the tip:

Dial 202, after pressing the appropriate number to indicate you are calling from the number you are wanting help on (or words to that effect), keep pressing 0 until you basically hear that you are getting transfered to an advisor. slight_smile

Message 3 of 11

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
you should have been advised that the Idata takes at least 24hrs to activate.

however u should be able to use WiFi. also if u connect ur pc to fone over WiFi any apps u buy or get from iTunes will automatically transfer to ur fone.

if after a day n half and still not activated then call CS and complain.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep, everytime they are very nice, well here comes the "tomorrow", i turned on the cellular data, it still don't have the access to internet , but it seems that I can send text message with cellular on.
Message 5 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you can send txts that's a good start. Hopefully full service will be with you when you wake up.

Let us know:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 11

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
do a reboot

or just turn off n remove ur SIM for a couple mins.

it might just need the SIM to update on the network.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 7 of 11

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If still not working ring up and check they did actually put you on the iphone bolton not standard.

If you go to mu useful links thread in my signature and input the apn's for non iphone and it works then o2 have put the wrong bolton on your account.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
it still don't work when I get up, and all the other function is all right such as i can send sms with sellular on and imsg is in function as well, but i still cannot activate cellular data. i checkend the "My mobile" on the official site, it shows that the 1Gb BB internet service is pendding to remove on 18th Nov. and another one for iphone is pending to add, so,is that means i may not get network connection before 18?
Message 9 of 11

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ring and ask for the immediate change of the data bolton

Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 11