cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s Text Message - ISSUES!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My Iphone4s has been fine for the duration I have had it - over a year from new.

But int he last day or 2 I have missed text messgaes that have never come thorugh and when i send people messgaes who already have a thread from me, it starts a new thread in their SMS inbox - does anyone know why?

Its happened to another person i know too - really annoying -esp not getting messages!

any help much appreciated - thanks Sam

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Welcome to the forums. Is this SMS messages or iMessages that are screwing up?

Have you changed anything in the past few days? New app? Changed bolt on?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like an iMessage issue

Message 3 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed. Wondering if the email has been changed, would explain it initiating a new "thread" upon recipt.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try un ticking your email addresses & see if that helps

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the others have said, it sounds like an issue with iMessage. Apple had an outage with iMessage a few days ago that may also have been the cause.

When you try and send a message to someone else with an iPhone, don't use an existing thread on your phone but start a new message. If your old thread is sending SMS messages, then to send an iMessage you will have to start a new message thread.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.

I have found iMessage wholly unreliable and in my opinion it should be switched off the minute you get your phone.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i turned mine off as it never delivered them

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
the only issues i have had with iMessage have been related to o2 when we had the data outage or my signal isnt great.

sounds like a quick disable and re-enable should sort this.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats what you should do, i did that, it worked but still didnt deliver half of my imessages so i gave up

Message 10 of 10