cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S fail, Please help!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! 
I have had a 4S since January this year, no problems at all, then all of a sudden out of the blue everytime I make a call, it connects, but I cannot hear anything and the other side cannot hear anything & the same is true for incoming calls, the odd thing is I can still send texts/mms' and use the internet, camera, music; basically every other function perfectly fine on the phone just on calls cant hear anything (and yes Ive checked my volume). 

Any ideas at all would be appreciated, Ive tried the main restore, update, reset settings, no ideas and I really dont want to send the phone off as this leaves me without a means of contacting anyone for 10ish days.

Thanks,
Rushabh!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144303 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As it is still under Apple warranty book an appointment with your nearest store. They will check it out and if confirmed faulty you will walk out with a new phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

if you are any where near a apple shop, book an appointment at apple store (Do this on line if u can) they will swap you phone out there and then ( As long the phone isn't damaged, water damaged etc). Much easier than sending your phone of for 10 Days.

As you said, u bought the phone in jan, so you still have your warranty with apple. 

Believe me it's easier than sending  it it of

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 9

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Look at that MI5. Great minds think alike

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144303 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Almost word for word wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah brilliant guys! Only live about 30 minutes away from one, will go down this weekend! thank you! I thought if it was water damaged surely other functions wouldnt work? I mean I havent used it in the rain or anything like that so hope not! but Thanks guys! slight_smile
Message 6 of 9

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Not a problem.  If you can book it online, it will save you waiting for a place as they may ask you to come back. As booking on line you can choose a time to suit you.

The iPhone has water indicators,  one in the plug bay and one in the earphone connector.

go on google and type in iPhone water indicators.  You get a better idea then.

good luck and let us know how u get on. Oh and welcome to the forum 😄

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

In the meantime you may find you are able to hear others if you use earphones.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@darrengf Thanks for the advice! I will do just that!! ah yes I checked them and theyre both still white so thats good!! Thank you!
@jonsie Ive tried this but it made no difference 😕 couldnt even hear ringing!
Message 9 of 9