Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S broken

SimonPB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My iPhone 4S is broken in two ways. First when it powers down, it automatically powers back up (annoying if you want to save your remaining power). I was able to live with it for a while. Now the power button no longer functions at all!

The phone is in a 24month contract but outside of the Manufacturers Warranty (of one year).

The Apple store said they can give me a new one for £130 approx. They said that I should be able to ask for a replacement from o2 by consumer law.

So then I went to the o2 shop, they said that I would have to pay for a replacement!

This has broken through no fault of my own, what should I do?

I should also mention that I can get a free cheap upgrade to an iPhone 5, but then I would want to sell my own iPhone 4S (if it's broken that doesn't help much). Or do you have to give back your own phone for an upgrade? (in which case I wouldn't care if it's broken)

Kind Regards,

Simon Bosley.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Press the top wake/sleep button and home button together until the apple logo appears and let go. This is akin to a battery pull.

Update your iOS to the newest available.

Another solution is to make a back up via iTunes or iCloud ,and perform a restore.

Some companies buy non working handsets although they don't tend to offer much.

Or sell it on we'll known auction sites and list it as for parts only , being explicit what the current issue is with it.

Another option is to check all the ports for dust and lint.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your old phone is yours to do with as you will.

I would take the new phone from Apple and sell it on using the profit towards whatever phone you like.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Press the top wake/sleep button and home button together until the apple logo appears and let go. This is akin to a battery pull.

Update your iOS to the newest available.

Another solution is to make a back up via iTunes or iCloud ,and perform a restore.

Some companies buy non working handsets although they don't tend to offer much.

Or sell it on we'll known auction sites and list it as for parts only , being explicit what the current issue is with it.

Another option is to check all the ports for dust and lint.
Message 3 of 3