cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 battery drain due to excessive data usage since network issues were "fixed"

alex_morley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried speaking to an O2 Guru (both online and in-store) and the Twitter account about this, but have received no solutions.

Since the network issues (which affected me on Friday) were fixed, my iPhone has been running out of battery from a full charge within 4.5 hours.

I tried switching off Location Services, Wi-Fi, Push Notifications etc. but nothing helped.

As a last resort, I looked at my data usage and realised I was using approximately 1MB of data every 10 minutes, while not even using the phone.

On further checking and with a little experimentation, I found that switching off "Push" from my emails solved the problem. My phone downloads sensible amounts of data and doesn't run the battery out.

However, this is clearly not a solution as it means I'm not getting my emails as I need, and it wasn't a problem before the network issues were "fixed" on Friday night.

I have also since heard from two friends who are having exactly the same problem.

Please could somebody at O2 look into why this is happening?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Good work fellas slight_smile

Echo that, great advice and a happy poster!

Message 11 of 11