cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 3GS with PAYG SIM (£25 Credit) Unlock request.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm normally in the UK but this week I am on O2's partner network movistar in Barcelona.  O2 definitely sees my IMEI and I've made a few phone calls to UK numbers with it.

This phone was originally on a contract number but was never unlocked as such, and now I want to unlock it. (I got the SIM from a small shop and charged £25 to it online) 

Using an O2 PAYG SIM while roaming is not ideal, but hopefully it should be enough to get the phone unlocked. I'm hoping that the turnaround will be quicker than me returning to the UK in four days..!

One other thing - I tried to unlock under my spouse's o2 contract account (which is connected to her Apple-purchased iPhone 4S) but it was not using her SIM at the time, so it seemed to go into nowhere land with no response...

Any reassuring thoughts you can lend me? Am I being too complicated?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ahhh, should be OK then.... Keep checking by connecting to iTunes with a non O2 Sim in phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I fear that it will have to wait until you are in the UK. The phone needs to register on the UK network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I omitted a detail. 

I did register the phone on the UK network before I left, and received a call from it.

The network does see the correct IMEI number attached to the telephone.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ahhh, should be OK then.... Keep checking by connecting to iTunes with a non O2 Sim in phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Worked like a charm. While I wish that the unlock was free (it had come from a normal upgraded contract line) it was still worth it. I ended up being able to unlock it at the Barcelona airport just before returning to the UK.

Consider this case closed.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions