cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9, iPhone 6S/6S Plus Video Guides

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this video, I demonstrate the new updated Notes app that's in iOS 9.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on the Pro @Anonymous. I assume you'd get a Pencil along with it? Or is it included in that deal? I've not actually seen anything on that.

I wouldnt be getting the Pencil, I've no use for it too be honest. Does seem really good from what I've seen of it on the tech websites.

Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on the Pro @Anonymous. 

Got the iPad Pro on Thursday Toby. Really liking it. The screen is absolutely superb. The iPad Pro won’t be for everyone, but if you are want pretty much a laptop sized screen on a Tablet then its certainly a good choice.

Admittedly, my uses won’t make the iPad Pro break into a sweat, the main draw for me was the larger screen and I am really impressed with the screen, screen size. Using something like the News app for example, articles are basically at magazine sized and it’s a really enjoyable read because of this. Also due to the large screen other apps just generally look better, browsing the web on Safari is really enjoyable as you are basically viewing the webpages on a laptop sized screen.

Another bonus with the larger screen is, the on-screen keyboard has been redesigned to take account of the increased screen size. Now the on-screen keyboard has laptop keyboard sized keys and its top row of keys has numbers and other special characters available and also the keys themselves are larger. I find it’s a really good keyboard to type on.

Now onto the sound. The iPad Pro now has 4 speakers (to provide a stereo sound). The quality is really good and really loud. The iPad also alters the sound dependent on if you have the iPad in portrait or landscape view so that you always get an accurate stereo sound.

According to Apple, the new speakers have:

“61 per cent more back volume compared to previous iPad audio designs. You’ll hear a wider frequency range and up to three times more output than on any other iPad”

“The speakers in iPad Pro aren’t just high fidelity, they’re highly intelligent. While all four produce bass frequencies, the topmost speakers are dedicated to higher frequencies. They also automatically recognize whether the device is in portrait or landscape view. So you’ll always get vivid, well-balanced sound no matter how you’re holding iPad Pro”

All that adds up to greatly improved sound.

Admittedly the iPad Pro won’t be for everyone, and the price is a bit steep (but we are talking Apple here) Apple don’t do cheap, they sell premium products which are premium priced that’s their place in market. Also for anyone who wants a highly portable tablet, the iPad Pro might be a bit too big, but I hasten to add, its still not what I would call too bulky or heavy. I was actually surprised at the weight of the iPad Pro, its lighter than I expected too be honest. For me personally, the iPad has always been a device I use at home, so size/portability is not a concern for me.

Admittedly, there are other similar sized screen tablets around which are considerable cheaper, but it all boils down to what your preference is, do you want to go Android, Windows, iOS. Personally for me, I find been in the Apple eco system useful and the best choice for me, I like the seamless integration I get between my iOS devices and my Mac.

Anyhow, enough of my thoughts/experience with the iPad Pro Smiley LOL, I’ll now post the next of my video guides which is on the Split View feature for the iPad’s in iOS 9.

Message 22 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this video I show the new feature in iOS 9 for the iPad, called Split View.

This essentially allows you to have two apps open on the screen at same time and work on them both.

Split View is only available on the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4. This is due to the Split View needing more ram and processing power as you have basically got two apps running on the screen at the same time.

Message 23 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 24 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Useful for those who want it though.

I find it extremely useful.

Like I mentioned in the guide, the last iPad I had was a few years old and it didn't support Split View, I'm finding the more I use it the more uses I have for it.

For example:

I get most of the news that I'm interested in through Twitter, News app. With Split View, I can have both apps open side by side and scroll through them both without needing to load them up individually. It means I can essentially can catch up with stuff more quickly as I can basically read stuff from both of the apps at the same time, if that makes sense slight_smile

Also, I do the same with Safari and Twitter (I often copy stuff out of Safari for posting on Twitter).

And as shown in the guide I use Split View for Safari & 1Password and Safari & Notes app.

Message 25 of 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I found it useful on the note pro tbh,
Message 26 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It was great on my s3 4 years ago too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 45

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
S2 had it I believe,
Only top/bottom but definitely there.
Message 28 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My s2 was rooted running CM so I don't recall but I'd say you were prob correct.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 45

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
S window I think it was called.
Message 30 of 45