cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage on iOS 7 not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

1st message so please be kind, I couldn't find a thread similar to this topic...

I updated to iOS 7 last night, and now I don't have access to iMessage from my telephone number.  It works with my gmail & iCloud email addresses but not on my phone number.

Plus it hasn't activated yet.  I love my iPhone 5 and it is doing my head in to get it sorted.  I have tried all the work arounds on the web that I can find (reset settings, turn off & on wifi and airplane mode).  Plus I have rebooted the phone.  Strangely I get this or something similar sent to me by text message every time I try to activate it. 

ùéèΩy@@REG-RESP?v=3;r=7c062cb8;n=+447545062465;s=02523CACB1FFFFFFFF5DC73BE887207BC3812FBBD180CEB14C711010C3

The same thing is happening with my wife's iPhone 4 when updated to iOS 7.  I have called O2 couldn't get through as everyone is upgrading, therefore I contacted O2 via chat and they said it is a issue and will be resolved, when?

Does anyone what is going on or what to do?

Message 1 of 107
106 REPLIES 106

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
All very strange really... I know several people who are on contract with no problem at all... As a possible solution, maybe suggest to ur friends to download and activate TuGo and then delete the account right away and see if that overrides the problem? Just a thought and worth a try:)

Will give it a try and report back.... Although it shouldn't be necessary as it all worked fine on iOS6 Smiley Mad

I can confirm that this works Smiley Surprised

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 102 of 107

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How strange. Looks somehow as if TuGo is interlaced throughout O2's systems Smiley Surprised

Message 103 of 107

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm guessing it's connected to the sms centre number as the only ones with problems appear to be on contract....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 104 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked for me in an instant. Thanks very much, it's been driving me mad!

Message 105 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have got my imessage working, I have followed three easy steps from a great Mac / Apple website. I have followed these steps and my imessage is working perfectly fine, Also told a friend at work and it works without issue,

Open up your Settings app and tap ‘Messages’, then disable iMessage by tapping the toggle

Go back into the main Settings screen, then tap ‘General’ and then ‘Reset’. Now tap ‘Reset

Network Settings’ and confirm the process — you may have to enter your passcode

if you have one set Return to the Messages section and enable iMessage again 

http://www.cultofmac.com/247868/issues-with-imessage-after-updating-to-ios-7-heres-how-to-fix-them/

Message 106 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't send iMessages neither can my wife. One is an iPhone 5 the other is iPhone 5s. Both on o2 ios7

Neither of us have ,have had , have heard of TuGo so it's not that.

Tried most things and still it doesn't work , perhaps O2 could provide some official info as it's obviously an issue.
Message 107 of 107