cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage on iOS 7 not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

1st message so please be kind, I couldn't find a thread similar to this topic...

I updated to iOS 7 last night, and now I don't have access to iMessage from my telephone number.  It works with my gmail & iCloud email addresses but not on my phone number.

Plus it hasn't activated yet.  I love my iPhone 5 and it is doing my head in to get it sorted.  I have tried all the work arounds on the web that I can find (reset settings, turn off & on wifi and airplane mode).  Plus I have rebooted the phone.  Strangely I get this or something similar sent to me by text message every time I try to activate it. 

ùéèΩy@@REG-RESP?v=3;r=7c062cb8;n=+447545062465;s=02523CACB1FFFFFFFF5DC73BE887207BC3812FBBD180CEB14C711010C3

The same thing is happening with my wife's iPhone 4 when updated to iOS 7.  I have called O2 couldn't get through as everyone is upgrading, therefore I contacted O2 via chat and they said it is a issue and will be resolved, when?

Does anyone what is going on or what to do?

Message 1 of 107
106 REPLIES 106

Anonymous
Not applicable
U need2 get the other person 2 delete any messages they have from u from the past then switch on and off - had same prob but now fixed by doing above 👍
Message 61 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have worked out that the hidden text character was being stripped, and causing the messages to arrive as standard texts, this made me think of things intercepting the texts, the only think on my phone was the TUGO software from 02, so I went onto the app, deleted my account from within the software, then deleted the app, didnt need to reboot, all worked next time I turned Imessage and facetime back on and off.

Andy

Message 62 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

nfox50 wrote "Anyone been bold enough to re-install TuGo ??"

Yes you can recreate your account and reinstall the app afterwards. Once iMessage and FaceTime are set up there are no more silent sms.

Even if you don't have the TuGo app on your phone but have used it or installed it somewhere else then your messages will being routed via it and you'll have to delete your account.

Message 63 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this looks like it is something to do with
TuGo. I've been pulling my hair our for the last 2days with this then came on here and saw someone mention TuGo. I didn't have the App on my phone BUT I still had the account activated. I re-downloaded the App and then deleted my TuGo account inside it. I then deleted the TuGo App knocked iMessage/FaceTime off and rebooted my phone.. Once it came back on I switched iMessage back on and BOOM, worked straight away. This can't of been coincidence as this is the only thing different I've done in the last 2 days, it kinda made sense to me as my girlfriend has had no issues BUT she's never had a TuGo account. I hope this can help others and I'm glad I won't get that stupid text anymore.
Message 64 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think TuGo is the whole problem otherwise everyone with TuGo would be affected. I upgraded my 4S and my iPad which both had TuGo on, plus I had TuGo on my PC. I haven't had any problems at all with iMessage and I didn't get any strange texts.
Message 65 of 107

RueDrBouree
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi

Thanks guys, I had just signed out of tugo and deleted the app, rather than delete the account then the app.

Now all is working well. Well Done!!!

Just a question are all of us with this issue using ios 7.0.1? (5s/5c version of ios7). As this issue doesn't seam to be effecting all o2 iPhone users running tu go.

Alex
Been an O2 customer (off and on) since 1995
Message 66 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our house has 3 iPhone 5's

1. TuGo installed, updated to iOS7, imesssage problems, resolved by deleting TuGo account.

2. TuGo installed, NOT updated to iOS7, imessage problems, resolved by deleting TuGo account.

3. TuGo NOT installed, NOT updated to iOS7, No imessage problem.

Phone 2 is my own, I didn't update to iOS7 but I DID update and connect to iTunes !!

Sorry to introduce another variable, but there seems to be a problem not entirely related to TuGo.

Further to my previous post, I have re-joined TuGo (I know !!), now waiting for rest of family to wake up so I can test the lot.

Will let you know !

Message 67 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like others I have been suffering with the issue of iMessage and Factetime not activating since I upgraded 2days ago ! For O2 customers definitely look to delete your TU GO account...I did this and immediately was able to activate iMessage ants FaceTime. I just hope O2 support people are advising customers of this development as I had a 30 minute chat with support and although being very polite they were clueless as to the issue and suggested I booked an Apple Genius session....which wouldn't have helped in hindsight.
Message 68 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

My TuGo account (which I don't remember ever using) was flagged as 'suspended' when I downloaded the app and tried to delete it from there. Finally got through to O2 customer services using online chat last night - they say it will take 24 hours to delete, but not sure I believe them. Very frustrating, but great detective work finding out what the issue is - thank you!

Message 69 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's not all jump to the conclusion that TuGo is the only thing to blame/solution. This requires more investigation on o2's part. The problem is evident on other networks outside of the UK and they do not have such an app. Tugo never installed here, never used. Same problem just like hundreds of twitter users around the world.
I'm sure O2 engineers will have it resolved soon though.
Message 70 of 107