cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk iPhone 5 Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Has anybody had any luck with http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and unlocking the iPhone 5?  They promised they could do mine but I think they are a bit of a con.  My assumption is that they are paying people in the unlocking departments within O2 to unofficially slip IMEI numbers onto their system without O2 or Apple knowing.  Would like to know if any of the admins have heard of this?

Here is a part of their website:

Do you work, or do you know someone who works, in the unlocking department within a network, or has access to IMEI whitelisting for iPhones? We are always looking to bring new networks online. Are you looking to earn extra money? We pay very attractive prices for our unlockers on a per-unit basis, and we are always looking for new people to work with us to help drive competition and to spread risk. We require iPhone unlocks for all networks worldwide.

If anybody know anything it would be helpful.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Contract phones can be unlocked free at any time. The point in question is the iphone 5 will not be unlocked via O2/Apple at the moment. Usually it's about 5/6 months after launch before O2 start unlocking the phones.

This is why people are resorting to paying £79.99 to get their iphone 5 unlocked now. One person reported a successful unlock via the website in question but as macblank says, it's not without risks.

Message 11 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you have to do it I can only reccomend paying via credit card, at least you "should" be able to get the money back if all goes wrong
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 12