cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk iPhone 5 Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Has anybody had any luck with http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and unlocking the iPhone 5?  They promised they could do mine but I think they are a bit of a con.  My assumption is that they are paying people in the unlocking departments within O2 to unofficially slip IMEI numbers onto their system without O2 or Apple knowing.  Would like to know if any of the admins have heard of this?

Here is a part of their website:

Do you work, or do you know someone who works, in the unlocking department within a network, or has access to IMEI whitelisting for iPhones? We are always looking to bring new networks online. Are you looking to earn extra money? We pay very attractive prices for our unlockers on a per-unit basis, and we are always looking for new people to work with us to help drive competition and to spread risk. We require iPhone unlocks for all networks worldwide.

If anybody know anything it would be helpful.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Wow that does sound rather dubious:(

You haven't paid them already have you?

i imagine this would be illegal:(

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Paid them £80 😞
Message 3 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Debit or credit card?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You read their website small print and obviously had a gut feeling.... and still parted with £80 !

One of the reasons why i purchased mine from apple was that ir=t is factory unlocked.

Lets hope they come through but i'm dubious about it.
Message 5 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Heck if it works ill give them £80 to unlock my iPhone 5 in officially through O2:)
Message 6 of 12

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I have looked at the website, and it seems quite a genuine service.  Not sure how or where they manage to do the iPhone 5s though. But they unlock phones from all round the world.  Is £80, not quite steep?  Maybe they are outside bribing O2 staff as we speak slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 7 of 12

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I feel I must remind.people::::

using an UNofficial company and giving them ur IMPORTANT IMIE number is done so are your own risk.

O2 have a straight forward FREE unlocking service for all their handsets. sometimes for reason I don't know it can rake longer, but I would still be dubious at paying someone money n giving out ur IMIE.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 8 of 12

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I thought O2 charged £15 for unlocking?  Is it not only free at the end of a contract?

But I do agree, it is def at your own risk. 

Samsung S8
Message 9 of 12

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
on contract it's free but payg is £15
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 10 of 12