cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about unclock my iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

I have bought an iphone 4 at 2nd Sep, 2011. I paid full price and used it for more than one year, when I buying it the seller called (edited personal info) in Sheffield store told me unlocking it is very simple just need two minutes, but I want to unlock it I have been told need to complete a form and need to wait for 28 days, since I thought it's easy and quick to unlock, so I bought my ticket back to my hometown China because I finish my study in UK. I want continue use my iphone in China, so is there any way I can unlock my iphone via O2 when I am not in UK ?
 ( I still got my 17.41 ponds in my O2 number (edited personal info), and I will back to UK for one week during Jan 2013.)

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

when back in uk ensure you have £15 and have made a few calls then use the unlock form it takes upto 14 days to process but my last was 3 days. then unlock is done via itunes.

P.s. I would remove your phone number from this public forum

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

when back in uk ensure you have £15 and have made a few calls then use the unlock form it takes upto 14 days to process but my last was 3 days. then unlock is done via itunes.

P.s. I would remove your phone number from this public forum

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thx alot!

so that means i cannot unlock my iphone while i'm putside UK right?

may i ask is that for sure 14 days is enough? because i might only stay in UK for 14 days then i have to go other country to work..

I receive a phone call from o2 just before, thet ere asking for my address in UK, so is that ok if i back to UK but live in different hotels during the 2 weeks?

(what the ask the address for?)

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thx alot!

so that means i cannot unlock my iphone while i'm putside UK right?

may i ask is that for sure 14 days is enough? because i might only stay in UK for 14 days then i have to go other country to work..

I receive a phone call from o2 just before, thet ere asking for my address in UK, so is that ok if i back to UK but live in different hotels during the 2 weeks?

(what the ask the address for?)
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can try and submit the form but it may get rejected as you are abroad but 10 days is the normal and once requet is agreed you can go abroad and unlock then

Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Submit the form as they will be able to see that the simcard has been used in the UK. You may have to quote a couple of the numbers called in the UK so see if they are still in the phone logs.

Message 6 of 7

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

In January... 

Arrive in UK, immediately on 1st day here: 

- Make three calls to UK numbers (quick hangups are fine). 

- Add £15 to your payg O2 sim (obviously more if you want to make calls and stuff on it whilst here). 

- Then afterwards immediately fill in the unlock form. 

Then wait:

- While your still staying in the UK, you should then be able to get the "your phone is unlocked text/email" within a normal maximum of 14 days. 

- then while in UK (or anywhere), plug phone into a computer's iTunes with another carrier's sim in it until you see "this iPhone is unlocked". 

Message 7 of 7