cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have iPhone 4s on o2 pay monthly with iPhone data bolt on.

I am having problems getting VVM to work at all, as soon as I hit the VM button in phone section it immediately dials 901 and I have to access messeages that way.  Reading forums sjows lots of people have similar issues and a number of suggested workarounds to sorting it.  I have tried resetting network settings, resetting all settings all with variouse options of switching Vm on and off and sending text message to 9011 etc..  Last night I did a complete restore and then restored my backup and as experienced by others this did  not solve the problem.

o2 on line chat resulted in me being sent the APN settings for voicemail which was already set up with the same settings anyway so no joy there.  Is restoring the phone as a new phone and setting it all up again the only option left?

Message 1 of 47
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update.

Decided to get iPhone 5 so went to o2 shop for a nano sim in  readiness.  Did the sim  swap by text which only took about 1 minutre and now with the nano sim and adapter in the 4s visual voice mail is working - so it must have been an issue with the sim card.

Hope this solution may help others who may be facing the same problem

View solution in original post

Message 47 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Have u def got a iPhone data Bolt on your account? As visual voice mail only works with that.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, got all round data for iPhone.
Message 3 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got a data signal when you press it if not it will dial 901

Message 4 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you got a data signal when you press it if not it will dial 901

Yes.

Message 5 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try setting it up as a new phone and see how you go, as you can always restore it back to as it was from a backup if it is not successful.

Honestly, I don't think setting it up as a new phone will work as it does sounds suspiciously like something is not setup correctly on O2's side, if you sure the cellular settings are correct.

When you say you are sure you have an iPhone bolt on is that from you checking your account on the O2 website or the My O2 app and seeing "for iPhone", or did the online chat person tell you ?

Message 6 of 47

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I haven't heard of anyone that has had problems with vvm.

If I rem, I just went to the app, clicked on the notice and clicked speakers and it playered back no problems.

So if that's not working I agree it's prob best to do a RESTORE via iTunes failing g that book a GENIUS appointment via apple UK website and for to ur local apple store.

My motto, u wouldn't take ur jaguar to a Renault garage!!!
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 7 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can try setting it up as a new phone and see how you go, as you can always restore it back to as it was from a backup if it is not successful.

Honestly, I don't think setting it up as a new phone will work as it does sounds suspiciously like something is not setup correctly on O2's side, if you sure the cellular settings are correct.

When you say you are sure you have an iPhone bolt on is that from you checking your account on the O2 website or the My O2 app and seeing "for iPhone", or did the online chat person tell you ?

It shows on line when checking account settings and also had it confirmed with on line chat. Earlier a chat rep said he had booked a reset on the voicemail and I would get a text when that was done which would be within an hour - 3 hours now past and nothing has happened.

Message 8 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@macblank wrote:
I haven't heard of anyone that has had problems with vvm.

If I rem, I just went to the app, clicked on the notice and clicked speakers and it playered back no problems.

So if that's not working I agree it's prob best to do a RESTORE via iTunes failing g that book a GENIUS appointment via apple UK website and for to ur local apple store.

My motto, u wouldn't take ur jaguar to a Renault garage!!!

If you do a google search there are loads of threads with various problems arrising with VVM.  My problem is not as common as those who have experienced issues with the pin not being retained and needing to be input every time, but that problem seems to have been some time ago with previous ios versions.

May try a genius appointment but nearest store is about 50 miles away so not keen to go to that much trouble.  Will wait and see what happens overnight and try a restore as new phone tomorrow.

Message 9 of 47

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
A pin number?.? I have never been asked or heard of anyone entering a pin number.to use vvm.

U norm.just.press play on the handset or am I at the wrong end.of the stick?
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 10 of 47