cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am due for an upgrade and wish to stay with O2 however if I upgrade via Carphone Warehouse I get a better deal?

If I do upgrade via Carphone Warehouse does the 4G phone promise still apply?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Surely asking CPW would be the best way to find out. I mean, O2 probably won't discuss other people's promotions or contractural promises. If you mean, a switch to 4G without change in price then I would be asking the right people.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Surely asking CPW would be the best way to find out. I mean, O2 probably won't discuss other people's promotions or contractural promises. If you mean, a switch to 4G without change in price then I would be asking the right people.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some people on here don't rate CPW for their own reasons and experiences but i've never had an issue with the shops i visit.

I would concur with the earlier reply and ask that very question and importantly get it in writing to back you up on your eventual return.

In relation to 4g /LTE im not impressed with the extra tariff charges and the caning the battery takes to power it.

Its all very nice to have faster internet but thats no good with a dying battery !!
Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Looking here it would seem you have to buy the phone from O2:

http://www.o2.co.uk/4g

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The battery life will be subjective to coverage also, for example, if there is less coverage then the handset will keep trying to connect other 4G networks as soon as you're out of range. Something you'll notice about using 3G over Wi-Fi is the battery drains quicker.

So in the same respect, 4G is going to be the same until there is more coverage. On another subject, I noticed the Orange/T-Mobile received a significant boost where I live.

Message 6 of 6