cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I wonder when O2 will start official unlocking of iPhone 5 in the UK. I have got one and the problem is I would travel to Russia in Feb for a few months. I would like to use my iPhone there. Any possibility they would do it in January after Christmas?

I know that there is no exact information, I'd like to just know if that's possible at all.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I prefer to steer clear of online un locking solutions as they bring their own issues.

It's a shame 02 make its customers wait for a long period if time before providing unlocking solutions but on the flip side can see why !

One reason why I get mine direct from my local apple store !

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It's always a possibility, considering the phone was only released in September and the iPhone 4 was unlocked after 6 months I'm not expecting it until march in my view:(.

I think your best bet would be to use one of those 3rd party websites.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was thinking about it, but I am not sure if it is either legal or reliable.

Message 3 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm not sure on the legality of it but some websites are rather reliable.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I prefer to steer clear of online un locking solutions as they bring their own issues.

It's a shame 02 make its customers wait for a long period if time before providing unlocking solutions but on the flip side can see why !

One reason why I get mine direct from my local apple store !
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get it done online but there is no guarantee that it really was unlocked

Message 6 of 6